Saturday 2 July 2011

July’s Theme

And already we’re into yet another month. Is everyone else’s year going superfast?
Last weekend I went on a fantastic art trail walk around Holme Styes reservoir and was captivated by the many shades of green on brilliant display across the landscape. The Christmas trees were looking lush under the blazing summer sun. Meanwhile, at home, all the plants that I potted a short while ago are now proudly showing of their colours. It’s looking really good out there and given me a timely heads-up that I really need to appreciate how beautiful our summers are and savour every moment of every precious day.

Which leads me on nicely to the theme I have chosen for the ladies to complete over the next few weeks:-
‘Nature Studies.’ We are to embark on our own exploration of the nature that surrounds us. We are then to produce whatever we feel inspired to do. It may be an essay about the role that nature takes in our lives; a photographic study of a well loved view or of a single flower; a record of a ramble through the woods; or notes of which birds are visiting the garden. It’s all out there to be discovered.
At the end of last months meeting I gave everyone the new theme and can’t wait to see what they all produce. I wonder if I’ll manage to complete mine with time to spare or if I’ll have my usual fraught night-before panic.

Amanda xxx

No comments: