Tuesday 6 December 2011

Step into Christmas

I'm finding it difficult to do this month's theme. It is a bit hectic at the moment but my biggest problem is all I seem to be reading or hearing about is doom and gloom; the state of the economy, the government,  war...there's so much hate and depression in this world and it's difficult to find an article that doesn't contain these issues. It just doesn't feel like Christmas at the moment but I'm doing everything I can to try and get into the Christmas spirit. Caroline and I got horribly tipsy at our local Christmas market the other day...it wasn't our fault that the man on the hot chocolate stall poured a huuuuge shot of rum into our drinks...I was seeing double! I put the Christmas tree up, although when the Christmas tree lights exploded I was starting to think it was a bad idea; I'm playing Wham's Last Christmas in the car on the way to work every morning; I'm slowly wading my way through a tin of chocolate whilst watching every Christmas film there is and I've poured so much brandy into my Christmas cake that I'm sure at any moment it's going to grow legs and stagger it's way out of the front door. What I'm hoping though is that come the next Intellectual Dinner at the 3 Acres we'll all be feeling a lot more Christmassy, I'm really excited and can't believe that another year has passed. Until then I'll go back to finding my Christmas spirit...I think it's hiding somewhere...possibly behind the big bottle of Amaretto I've been saving for a festive occasion. Like the little boy in the John Lewis advert (it makes me cry every time) I can't wait for Christmas to arrive, I hope you all manage to find your Christmas spirit and have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Catherine xx
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnLewisRetail

No comments: