Thursday 1 December 2011

December's Theme

"READ ALL ABOUT IT”

Current Affairs   December 2011

For this months task I would like you all to keep an eye on what is going in the media be it newspapers, magazines or online news.

I then want everyone to choose an article, from your chosen media, to present to the rest of the group.

I want to know why you chose that article; what was it about it that caught your attention? I also want you to formulate a response to the article in any form that you choose.

The article can be about anything. Just because it’s current affairs doesn’t mean it has to be about the economy or politics. I was recently reading ‘The Independent’ and the headline Happiness is a Warm Sponge caught my eye. I noticed it because two certain ladies we know are very keen bakers and the food writer Annie Bell was extolling the pleasures of baking. She was commenting that baking is this year’s hot food trend, which perhaps says quite a lot about where we currently are as a nation.

Just remember, we go to press on Friday 16th December.

Amanda xxx

No comments: