Tuesday 7 February 2012

Wrapping Up Warm

How lovely it was to sit cosied up on Saturday afternoon as the first snowflakes began to fall outside. It was the perfect time to finish reading 'The Snow Child' by Eowyn Ivey. I snuggled up in my chair and pulled my blanket around me, drifting off to Alaska where the book is set. 'The Snow Child' is a truly magical book and now is the perfect time to read it, wrapped in a blanket, huddled by the fire or whilst wrapping your hands around a warm mug of hot chocolate. The descriptive writing of  the delicate snowflakes that fall amongst the wild Alaskan wilderness  will make you huddle deeper into the warmth as the words weave into a beautiful,  magical story inspired by a Russian fairytale. For several minutes after finishing the book I sat and thought about the story and characters that had captivated me for the past couple of weeks. As I watched the snow continue to fall outside I realised that 'The Snow Child' is one of those books that I will truly cherish forever.


Catherine xx

P.S. I'm also loving Eowyn's blog  check it out here http://lettersfromalaska.wordpress.com/ 

No comments: