Saturday 5 May 2012

Last minute panic!

The plan this month was to make sure that I started my theme straight away. I had it all worked out, I was going to treat it like a school project...do my research early and plan out how I was going to present the information then I was going to sit down and start writing, maybe do a bit each day. This did not happen. Those of you that follow the blog know that I've been having a hard time lately...the past three months have dealt some pretty horrible blows but there's no way I'm using those as my excuse to have not done my theme as planned...the truth is I was lazy. Instead of using my free time to get stuck into my theme I was sneakily watching absolute rubbish on the television, Cupcake Wars, Bridezillas and my favourite The Real Housewives of New York City. These programmes were more appealing than sitting down and doing history research...I'm so ashamed. This after all was my theme, I chose it and I really wanted to do it. But here I am limping to the finish line with my theme only just completed and perhaps looking not quite as good as I had hoped. It's done, i've just printed it off and after a pretty rubbish week it really helped me to take my mind off things, I've actually learnt something and I'm thinking if only I could have done something like this at school I would have found History far more interesting. Tomorrow is our next dinner...we're off on our culinary travels again this time for Sunday lunch and I can't wait to escape reality (and the television) for a bit and be with my four fantastic friends.

Catherine xx

No comments: