Tuesday 22 November 2011

What Makes You Happy? - Part 2 : Finding a 'Happy Place.'

When I first gave the theme out to the girls Danielle laughed predictably. I knew as I wrote it that she would say (with a wink and a nudge) that she knew where her "happy" place was and sure enough she did! But I knew that most of us had all been feeling a bit down lately and not very happy and that's what inspired me to get the girls to seek out the place that makes them happy. There are a few times and places where I have felt truly happy and when I am feeling down I forget about those times and tend to wallow in self-pity and then I start to feel unhappy again. By completing this theme I want to have something that I can look at to be reminded where it was or what it was that made me happy and then hopefully it will make me feel happier again...I hope that makes sense. I'm intrigued to find out at the next dinner what the girls have done for their themes...as always at Christmas time it gets harder to find the time to complete our themes, but we always do. Right now I'm just putting the finishing touches to mine whilst sitting in front of the television watching 'Meet Me in St Louis' and eating my fourth piece of chocolate...okay I'm lying it's my sixth...I'm past caring and it's Christmas! I really like taking a bit of time out from all of the hustle and bustle to put my theme together, a bit of time off from the world. What would I do without the Intellectual Dinner Club?

Catherine xx

No comments: